Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Bad cripple. Great blog.

I am starting to search online for information on pediatric wheelchairs for my son. My searches led me to this blog: Bad Cripple

Aside from loving the blog name, I find his cynism a little refreshing. It's hard being so positive all the time. I try to be thankful. I try to remember that we are not entitled to our own heart beats, let alone 5 x 60minutes/week of physical therapy covered by the BOE. And while our son is still a child, being disabled is kind of cute and endearing. And our son, B'h, he is absolutely charming. He is a piece of shamayim, to quote his PT, right here on earth for us. I could go on, but I'll stop here.

Hashem wants us to do hishtadlus, and Bad Cripple is a Good Help for that. He reminds me about the general outlook. And I have a story coming up that would suit his blog quite well...

Meanwhile, the blog is a good read for anyone who wants to gain a little sensitivity to people with disabilities. Here's a new favorite: Being Dissed at Wegmans

Wishing you all of Hashem's open brachas in perfect abundance,
Rivka Devora

No comments:

Post a Comment